Dr. J. S. Khurana
Krishna Hospital & Research Centre
Consultant in Pahwa Hospital, Ludhiana.
Consultant in Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Ludhiana.
FELLOWSHIPS / OBSERVERSHIP
2005 : Spine Surgery, University of Bern, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
2008: Observational Fellowship in Trauma Surgery, The University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama- 3594-3409
2010: Observational Fellowship in Spinal Trauma Surgery, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005 Australia
2012: Synthes Asia Pacific Observership Program for Spine, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
2014: Participated in A O T K Expert Symposium, Coex, Seoul, South Africa
2014: Observational Fellowship Durban University, South Africa (Smith & Nephew)
- Received UTTARANCHAL RATNA by Uttarayani Mela held at Bareilly in 2004.
- Honoured by Senior Superintendent of Police (Distt. Nainital) 2005, for providing best medical facility to their employees.
- B. M. D 2004 award for providing best medical facility in Kumaon since 1988.
- Honoured for performing successful Knee Replacement Surgery in Uttaranchal by the City Magistrate & Mr. Narayan Pal Honourable MLA Sitarganj
- Honoured by SHAH TIMES News Paper for providing the best services in Kumaon region
- Received award by Late Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Club, Haldwani in October 2003.
- Received Sarvshrastha Chikitsak award by Late Rajiv Gandhi Foundation Club, Haldwani in 2003.
- Honoured by Nagar Palika Parishad, Haldwani, Nainital for providing the best Medical services on 15 August 2005.
- Honoured by Uttaranchal Darpan in 2007 for working on Medical Field.
Krishna Hospital & Research Centre (KHRC) was started as a multi speciality & trauma medical centre to deliver accessible and high-quality health services, especially emphasising on quality and safety. The hospital was the first to perform Navigated Knee Replacement surgery in Uttarakhand. It also did the first Spinal Surgery in Kumaon. The eminent panel of doctors has managed to handle major critical emergencies related to Skeletal Trauma & Spine, over a span of time.
The centre also has a locational advantage. It has close proximity to the hill stations and the National Highway that helps it offer services to other nearby cities. Over the years, KHRC has managed to establish as a brand that is looked upon as a trusted and most facilitated medical centre.
We now have a ‘Laser & Cosmetic Unit’ that helps our patients transform the way they look and feel. KHRC recently opened its ‘Krishna Neurology Centre’ and ‘Cardiac Unit‘ with CathLab facility.
Today, patients do not consider going to Delhi as the primary option for a treatment. Seeing the organisation grow and flourish, the patients and their families have built trust in us.
SOCIAL ACTIVITIES & ACHIEVMENTS
- Arranged various Medical Camps in Rural areas as well as in Krishna Hospital & Research Centre since 1988.
- Giving free /or charging less fee from the poor patient and giving the best possible services to the people of remote area.
- Past President of Uttaranchal Orthopaedic Association.
- Past President of IMA Haldwani branch.
- Organised Secretary of Ist UA – IOACON-2005 held in Nainital.
- Organised CME Uttaranchal Chapter of I.O.A in 2002.
- First Navigated Knee Replacement in 2009 in Uttarakhand.
- First Knee Replacement in 2000 in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
- First Spinal Surgery in Kumaon region of Uttarakhand.
- Managed spine’s deformity by pedicle screw system of Synthes.
- Attached with IMA Haldwani branch since 1988 and have been holding different posts from time to time.
- Letter of appreciation for organize Medical Camp by Distt. Judge & the President of Jila Vidhayak Seva Pradhikaran, Nainital, India in Dec. 2005.
- Appointed as a member in Planning Commission in Uttarakhand, India in 2004.
- Appointed as a member in Planning Commission in Uttarakhand, India in 2011.